Why use a Face Mask?
Masks should be viewed as a core step in your skincare regime. They have come a long way from the fun sleep over routine and now deliver highly concentrated ingredients to address specific skincare concerns. The action of applying a mask, relaxing and being still has a much higher benefit too, in allowing you me-time for peace, tranquillity and calmness, and has also been shown to boost your mood providing an overall wellness ritual which can be seen as a treat rather than a chore in your skincare routine.
The physical benefits of using a facial skincare mask vary by product, but the mental benefits are the same no matter what your skincare concerns are.
Did you know that you have 43 muscles in your face alone? You don’t realise how many of them you are constantly using until you consciously take the time to focus on them and relax them. Smiling, laughing, crying — the many expressions that you use throughout your day all use your energy. It’s time to relax!
How do I choose the right mask for my skin?
Here is a table which shows which Mask is recommended for which Skin Type/Concern:
|MASK||MAIN INGREDIENTS||IDEAL SKIN TYPES||BENEFITS|
|Ageless Skin Collagen Mask||Collagen Polypeptides, Mandarin Orange Peel Extract, Kaolin, Bentonite Clay||All skin types in the process of ageing that may be experiencing fine lines and wrinkles, dehydration, lack lustre appearance, loss of tone, etc. May be used for multi-masking application.||De-Ageing, hydrating, restoring, improves skin tone, youth-recovery, brightening, diminishes visible lines and wrinkles|
|Pure Skin Charcoal Mask||Micronized Charcoal, Shea Butter, Squalane, Kaolin, Bentonite Clay, Grapefruit||Recommended for combination, oily skin, acne control, smokers, devitalised skin, and all skin types. May be used for multi-masking application.||Clarifying, detoxifying, purifying, mattifying, improves skin tone, rejuvenates|
|Bright Skin Green Apple Mask||Green Apple, Red Clover, Squalane, Shea Butter, Kaolin, Bentonite Clay||Recommended for combination, oily and acneic skin. Also for all skin types. May be used for multi-masking application.||Reduces visible pores, balancing, oil control, mattifying, hydrating, brightening|
|Micro-Pores Bio-Active Mask||Red Clover Flower Extract, Kaolin, Bentonite Clay, Marine Elastin, Shea Butter||Recommended for enlarged pores, light scarring, for textural concerns or post acne. May be used for multi-masking application.||Mattifies the skin, minimises enlarged pores, reduces the appearance of dilated pores, evens out skin complexion, deeply hydrating|
When and how do I apply a Face Mask?
Ideally, you should apply your Face Mask 1-2 times a week, as needed.
After cleansing the skin with your chosen Cleanser, followed by your chosen Lotion/Toner, apply a thin layer of the mask on your face and neck, preferably using a Face Mask Brush. Leave on for 15 minutes. Rinse with cool water. Finish with a mist of your chosen Lotion/Toner. For boosted results, apply your ideal Pevonia Serum and Moisturiser.
For enhanced results, Pevonia Masks can be used as an overnight mask treatment once a week, and can also be used for multi-masking on target areas.
What is Multi-Masking?
Multi-masking is the technique of applying different masks to specific areas of your skin. It allows you to address a multitude of skin concerns at the same time.
Everyone’s skin is different and reacts in different ways. One day your skin might be feeling oily, the next a little dry – multi-masking allows you to create a customisable solution to spot-treat specific concerns as they arise, suited to your needs.
When choosing your mask always look at the ingredients first, and remember when it comes to skincare, simplicity is key.
Depending on your specific concern, use Pevonia’s masks as follows:
Acne / Blemishes – Pure Skin Charcoal Mask
Dehydration – Ageless Skin Collagen Mask
Dull Skin, Lacking Lustre – Ageless Skin Collagen Mask
Visible Pores – Micro-Pores Bio-Active Mask or Bright Skin Apple Mask
Flaky, Patchy Skin – Micro-Pores Bio-Active Mask
Oiliness – Pure Skin Charcoal Mask or Bright Skin Apple Mask
Scarring – Micro-Pores Bio-Active Mask
Shiny Skin – Bright Skin Apple Mask
Skin Imperfections, Uneven Skin Tone – Pure Skin Charcoal Mask
Wrinkles / Visible Lines – Ageless Skin Collagen Mask
Tip: Always make sure you’ve washed your face and hands before application – you don’t want to allow any dirt to transfer onto clean skin.
How to do a facial mask incorporating wellness:
Make your plan. Are you going to enjoy a nice long bath with your facial skincare mask on? Maybe you prefer to light some candles, turn on some smooth music, and relax on a comfy couch or snuggle into a cosy chair. Choose whatever makes you feel your most relaxed self.
Select your facial mask. Choose from our selection of masks dependent on your skincare concerns:
1. Ageless Skin Collagen Mask – De-ageing, healing, and hydrating; these are the many benefits to Collagen (rated 75/100 by the Good Housekeeping Institute – find our more HERE).
2. Bright Skin Green Apple Mask – Extracts and acids of Apple will brighten, balance and nourish combination skin.
3. Pure Skin Charcoal Mask – Detoxify, clarify, and constrict congested, oily skin with micronized Charcoal
4. Power Repair® Micro-Pores™ Bio-Active Mask – Cleanse and reduce pore size with the power of Red Clover Extract formulated in an easy removal clay mask.
- Use your mask application to treat your skin with the gentle touch of your hands through massage, releasing tense muscles that cause lines and wrinkles.
- First apply a thin layer of your chosen mask on your face and neck, using the Face Mask Brush if possible.
- Then beginning at your forehead, apply massage movements releasing any built-up tension.
- Work your way to your eyebrows, on and right below, move in tiny circles allowing your eyelids to let go of the stress that technology causes.
- Consciously feel the muscles in your cheeks release that tight feeling that holds the clench of your jaw and cheeks. Feel your lips slightly part as this is a sign of total relaxation that filters down through the body. Breathe in and breathe out and enjoy this moment of serenity.
- After massaging for approx. 15 minutes, rinse with cool water. Finish with a mist of your chosen Lotion/Toner. For boosted results, apply your ideal Pevonia Serum and Moisturiser. If using as a leave on overnight mask treatment, relax and let the mask do its work whilst you sleep.
Click Here to View our current Pevonia Masks Special Offers.