Pevonia Opts for Eco-Friendly, Sustainable Gifting
Everyone enjoys spoiling their loved ones at Christmas, but gifting is a big contributor when it comes to waste. Pevonia Product Packaging is eco-friendly, so it’s incredibly important to us that we contribute to eco-friendly Gift Packaging as well.
As a worldwide ethical skincare brand, we continuously search for and implement additional ways to increase sustainability with more eco-friendly packaging options, multi-use vs single-use packaging, and charitable contributions for planet conservation.
This year’s Christmas Gift Set selection consists entirely of eco-friendly packaging. It was important to us that everything can be reused, recycled or come in re-gifting packaging.
Our natural gift boxes are made from recycled materials complemented with sleeves which are printed using soya-based inks on 100% recycled uncoated card. Our Pevonia tissue paper is sourced from sustainable resources and is FSC certified (Forest Management Certification). It is printed with water-based or vegetable-based inks and is 100% recyclable and compostable. The zig-zag paper we use inside the gift boxes to protect the products is made from 100% recycled materials, is re-usable, recyclable, and biodegradable with PEFC Certification (Programme for the Endorsement of Forest Certification).
These high-quality gift boxes can be kept, used and retained for longer to minimise their environmental impact.
We have chosen folding gift boxes because they have huge space-saving advantages and as a result are more eco-friendly. Folding gift boxes take up between 50% – 95% (depending on the box size) less space in storage and transport than an equivalent size non-folding rigid gift box.
Pevonia is committed to recycling and minimising our impact on the environment. Our focus is the 3 Rs:
These boxes are specifically used as keepsake boxes and designed to be re-gifted, reused or repurposed for all sorts of useful storage around the home or office. Our aim is that gift boxes be put to good use for many years before they finally meet the end of their useful life. Do your bit: re-gift, re-use or re-purpose first and only recycle as the last resort.
Here are some ideas on how to re-use or re-purpose the boxes:
- Living Room/Lounge – for candles, coasters or remote controls as well as small games such as playing cards.
- Kitchen – store your packets of teas/coffees, or dusters and cloths, or perhaps cut outs for recipes.
- Bedroom – use as draw or cupboard tidies to separate your garments: underwear, socks, tights, providing essential storage solutions. Also ideal to store your make-up, hair accessories, etc.
- Crafts – perfect to store you greeting cards, ribbons, gift tags, tissue paper, or perhaps it’s time to go through all those photos and divide them into boxes according to time period, events etc.
- Childrens’ room – small toys, pencil and crayon box, arts and crafts – encourage them to decorate their own boxes too!
- Memory Box; store all your keepsakes, thank you cards you’ve received, things you want to keep to remember.
- Create a First Aid Kit, or use it to store Pills, Vitamins Supplements etc.
- Important documents such as Passports, Driving Licences, left-over holiday money for next time.
- Keep all your batteries in once place, instead of rattling around the drawer!
- Keys; keep all your keys together, including those spare ones that often get put somewhere safe but you can never remember where that is!
- Office – keep your work area tidy and organised, store your pens, note pads, sticky notes etc.
- Seeds; if you collect seeds from various flowers in your garden throughout the summer, pop them into little envelopes (duly labelled) and keep them safe, warm and dry until it’s time to start planting them.
Recycling is essential and should be at the forefront of everyone’s mind. However, recycling is not carbon neutral. If we want to make a positive difference to our environment, then not throwing useful items away in the first place is the best option.
We invest in good quality packaging that our customers will want to keep as well as providing innovative repurposing ideas to prolong our gift packaging lifespan for as long as possible.