TIPS FOR SUMMER BODY CONFIDENCE
Warm weather, here we come!? Summer body confidence can seem elusive, especially if you haven’t prioritised taking care of yourself. When body image is less than positive, summer swimsuits and other body-baring attire may make you anxious. We want to cheer you on with healthy tips for body confidence that will help you look forward to the coming season.
As you embark on this lifestyle change, the goal is to find a wellness plan that helps you achieve a fit body, mind, and spirit! Before diving in, forget regret. You are not alone – most of us have been couch potatoes for the last couple of years. Plus, that negative emotion doesn’t help you get the physique and self-esteem you desire. Instead, get into action to improve how you feel in your skin.
Establish a Pre Summer Workout Plan
If you haven’t started yet, jump on a fitness path today. As heat waves come rolling through and the need to peel off layers becomes unavoidable, you will be glad you did! Here are some ways to make exercise less of a chore:
- Be honest with yourself about what will work for you. Hate the gym? Find another way to get moving. If hiking or listening to a juicy podcast while on a treadmill keeps you going, do that! Sign up for a club sport, dance, or yoga class at your local community centre. Just making this step to show up for yourself has the power to strengthen your confidence!
- If “know-how” or motivation is lacking, enlist help! Paying a trainer to teach you the ropes may seem like a waste of money, but it is an investment in yourself. On a tight budget? Research workouts online and find a gym buddy to hold you accountable.
- Be consistent. If you can’t get in a full workout or something unexpected comes up, you can break up a 30-minute walk into three doable 10-minute mini-walks.
- Whatever you do, don’t let excuses keep you from following through on your exercise plan. Logging hours hitting the pavement or gym can yield results faster than you think. And it really beats the guilt that follows hours of bingeing your favourite programmes on the sofa.
- Remember to practice ‘easy does it’ if it has been a while because slow and steady will win you the race! Overdoing it with overzealous workouts will leave you sore and discouraged. Being realistic is vital for long-term success. Think gradual shift versus radical overhaul.
- Don’t assume cardio alone is the way to a slimmer physique. Since muscle helps burn fat, adding resistance or strength training will help achieve body goals more quickly.
- Avoid rewarding exercise with an “I earned it” mentality towards food, which can undermine your fitness gains and slow progress.
Have A Summer Meal Plan
Committing to a summer meal plan will help you establish healthy habits that set you up for success. We’ve all heard the saying that “nothing tastes as good as skinny feels.” But feeling fit, firm, and energised beats skinny any day and is the shortest route to summer body confidence. Restrict intake too much, and you won’t have the energy to work out or fully enjoy the summer.
With adequate nutrients, you will be giving your body what it needs to thrive. Consume lean protein to build muscles, complex carbohydrates for fuel, and healthy plant-based fats (from olives and nuts) to lubricate skin, joints, etc. Eat a variety of fruits and vegetables to give your body antioxidant vitamins to protect you against free radical damage. This combination will support your body’s natural processes and help restore newly worked muscles. Use common sense! Choose natural, unprocessed foods, but know that they aren’t a green light to graze endlessly. Read labels and look online to educate yourself about recommended portion sizes.
Before launching headfirst into the latest craze, notice we didn’t say go on a diet – the ultimate four-letter word. You don’t have to suffer. Strict calorie counting and cutting out entire food groups is not sustainable as fad diets set you up to feel deprived. Instead, plan tasty meals with delectable spices to nourish your body enjoyably. Strive for a balanced approach and remember to limit excess sugar and salt. While intermittent fasting or the latest trend may work for others, consult your physician before starting a new regime.
We know making dietary lifestyle changes can be scary. But you don’t have to do it alone. A nutritionist can help you find a plan that works for you, your body, and your lifestyle. Don’t be surprised if your new workouts increase your hunger at first. Drink more water and be patient as your body adjusts and finds its new balance. Embrace this new way of eating, and you will be surprised at what you can accomplish. Remember, nothing changes if nothing changes.
Body Care for Summertime Confidence
Keeping your skin healthy and glowing plays a significant role in summer body confidence. Get your skin in summer shape with natural bath products that promote healthy, tighter skin.
You are just a few steps away:
Step 1: Bathe with a sulfate-free natural body wash to help improve the skin’s moisture levels for a luminous silhouette. If you are prone to body acne in the summer, use a natural foaming cleanser to control breakouts.
Step 2: Buff away dull winter flakes with a natural body scrub. Consistent exfoliation with a rosemary-based formula will reinvigorate your circulation and promote toned healthy-looking skin.
Step 3: Use a smoothing body moisturiser daily, and you will notice your figure becoming more defined as your skin becomes tauter. Collagen and Longan Fruit in the Crepe-No-More Body Cream support natural protein production, fortifying the dermal matrix, while Shea Butter targets cellulite.
The sultry days of summer elicit images of lounging pool or beachside, sipping lemonade or Pina Coladas. Skip the calorie-rich drinks and get your escape with luscious body care instead.
The citrus-infused Pevonia Lumafirm Body Moisturiser delivers a toned, more youthful-looking physique. In addition, this lightweight body moisturiser for summer absorbs quickly, ideal for the humid days to come.
The aromatic Papaya and Pineapple De-Ageing Saltmousse and De-Ageing Body Balm with Retinol transport your mind while helping resurface and even skin tone. With delicious ingredients that harness the renewing power of nature, this pair is just the lift your confidence needs!
Final Tips for Body Confidence
Stay the course and let the summer countdown begin! As the saying goes, don’t quit before the miracle happens. Remember, mind and body wellness begin within. Instead of zeroing in on what you don’t like about your body, find something you like and thank it for working hard for you! Once you experience newfound confidence due to firming up your physique, there will be no stopping you!