FROM OIL TO FOAM - CLEANSE, MOISTURISE & PROTECT
What is Dry Skin?
Dry skin (alipidic skin) is a skin type characterised by the reduction or lack of essential lipids (fats) in the epidermis. This condition makes the skin less pliable, tauter, unprotected, and easier to break.
What is the difference between dry and dehydrated skin?
● Confusing to most, in skin terms they are not the same, but they can be related.
● Dehydration is considered the partial lack of water content within the skin; usually a temporary condition.
● Dryness is considered the partial lack of lipid content within the skin; usually a long-term condition.
● Even though they differ in definition, they can be connected in many circumstances.
● Since a normal skin barrier possesses constitutional lipids that protect from outside threats and guard healthy levels of water within the skin, any alteration or disruption to the barrier can cause permeability to increase, leading up to a greater amount of water evaporation. This causes dehydration and can be present in a dry skin type.
What can cause Dry Skin?
● Genetically determined/hereditary
● Partial absence of sebaceous glands (micro-malformation)
● Underdeveloped sebaceous glands
● Non-compliant sebaceous glands receptors under specific hormonal stimulation
● Inadequate hormonal levels
● Lack or loss of mucopolysaccharides in the skin (they keep the skin hydrated)
● Enzymatic deficiency
● Alterations of NMF (Natural Moisturising Factor)
● Inadequate lipid barrier performance, resulting in reduced NMF
● Continuous stripping of the acid mantle (i.e. soap, alcohol, alkaline formulations, certain harsh over the counter products, excessive exfoliation, etc.)
● Unhealthy diet and/or a lack of healthy fats in diet, essential fatty acids, and liposoluble vitamins, such as A and E
● Caused by chronic medication side effects, and certain prescriptions (i.e. Accutane®)
● Medical disorders (hypothyroidism, diabetes, malnutrition)
● Environment and climate
● Lack of proper skin care routine and protection, unprotected sun exposure, use of low-quality products, and more…
Signs and Symptoms of Dry Skin
● Sensorial characteristics with dry, uncomfortable, painful, itchy, stinging and tingling sensations.
● Tactile characteristics with a rough, uneven, and sand-like feeling.
● Visible characteristics:
- Small pore openings
- Lacklustre surface
- Dry, white patches
- Flaky appearance; cracks and even fissures
● Thinning of epidermis and increased exfoliation (alteration in desquamation).
Pevonia® Solutions to Dry Skin
One of the best ways to address a dry skin type is to replenish both lipids and moisture back into the skin, to rebuild and strengthen the skin barrier, hydrate and moisturise, repair damage, and protect the skin from further injury.
Select ingredients such as skin friendly oils and humectants are the preferred choice for dry skin treatment. These ingredients, in combination with precise delivery systems, can prove extremely effective at relieving dry skin symptoms.
New! CleanRefresh™ Foaming Oil Cleanser
● A unique cleanser that delivers a pleasurable skin experience!
● Features an advanced, lipid-rich, exclusive formula that transforms from oil to a rich foam when in contact with warm water and gentle friction
● Pollutants are entrapped in the foam along with other skin impurities, bacteria, dead cells, etc.
● An active blend of natural and effective foaming surfactants combines with skin friendly oils to render the skin clean and protected
● Leaves the skin soft, supple, hydrated and completely refreshed
● Recommended for all skin types, especially dry skin
In summary, this innovative cleanser cleans all polutants from the surface of the skin, then the oil within this foam traps water within your skin and repairs tiny micro-cracks caused by dryness. These micro-cracks are the way in for micro-organisms. The cleanser rinses off easily without leaving an oily residue, and leaves your skin feeling super soft. As an added benefit, as you breath in the aromatic scent of grapefruit, it instantly re-balances your mood.
● Coconut Oil (Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine)
● Safflower Oil
● Squalane Oil
● Hyaluronic Acid
● Arnica Montana
● Green Tea
● Grapefruit Oil
Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine (Coconut Oil)
Derived from Coconut Oil fatty acids, when it interacts with oil and then mixes with warm water, it transforms into a rich foamy lather that entraps skin surface pollutants, dead cells and make-up for a thorough cleanse. At the same time, it releases skin friendly lipids that lubricate and restore the composition of the skin barrier, supporting its health. It has a unique foaming action, it does not dry the skin, and is renders skin superbly clean, moisturised, soft and supple.
Derived from the seeds of the Carthamus Tinctorius plant, this skin friendly, unsaturated oil is rich in linoleic acid. Non-comedogenic, it lubricates and restores the composition of the skin barrier and deeper layers of the epidermis. Nourishing, it supports skin health, combats dryness, moisturises, softens, and smooths the skin.
Not to be confused with squalene, a non-vegetal oil from shark and whale fat known to be comedogenic and cause sensitivity, Pevonia’s Squalane comes from Green Spanish Olives and is non-comedogenic i.e. it won't clog or block the pores on your skin. This nutrient-rich vegetal-derived lubricant oil, packed with Vitamins A and E, counteracts dryness whilst softening and smoothing the skin.
Kombucha is a gelatinous, mushroom-looking mass, known to confer health benefits and results from the fermentation of sweet black tea in the presence of a yeast and a bacterium, saccharomyces/xylinum. Research shows that Kombucha facilitates lipid accumulation to restore volume. Rich in B vitamins, enzymes, and natural acids it repairs, moisturises, and firms the skin.
Hyaluronic Acid is one of the most popular and on-demand ingredients in skin care products for intense hydration. It’s a super water-loving molecule found in every tissue of the body, acting like a "sponge" to attract and retain 1,000 times its own weight in water; and performing as an essential hydrating reservoir in the tissues. 50% of Hyaluronic Acid existing in the body is in the skin, however, its concentration starts declining with age, contributing to dehydration, dull appearance, and the accelerated onset of lines and wrinkles. Pevonia's unique formulation delivers fragmented micro-particles of botanical Hyaluronic Acid from Sugar Beets, guaranteed for absorption.
This natural anti-inflammatory extract comes from the European perennial sunflower family plant. Rich in essential oils and fatty acids, it's renowned for possessing natural vaso-active action (reduces bruising), supports wound healing, skin restoration and repair, reinstating skin suppleness. It also reduces dry skin flakiness and irritation. Arnica helps to repair the micro-cracks and reduces the flakiness of dry skin.
Derived from the leaves of Camellia Sinensis, green tea is rich in polyphenols with antioxidant properties. Known for its natural antiseptic benefits and laden with vitamins, it reduces, soothes and calms irritations, supporting skin wellbeing.
Extracted from the peel of Citrus Grandis fruit, Grapefruit Oil contains limonene, a powerful natural anti-inflammatory and antispetic. It posesses antioxidant properties, is known for tightening and cleansing, toning and uplifting, with a fresh aromatic scent.
Did you know that properly cleansing your face is the first step to achieving radiant, healthy skin? Here are some tips to doing it right for an ultra-dewy and luminous complexion!
1. Wash your face every morning and evening, after outdoor activities, fitness, or especially when perspiring!
● Our cleansers are free from: alcohol, soap, parabens, sulfate, GMOs…so your skin is not stripped of its natural moisture and your face is fully cleansed without irritation.
2. Start with applying a pea size amount of cleanser to hands, and then add a bit of warm water.
3. Foam it well until a rich later is created.
4. Without wetting the skin, apply the foam to your face and neck.
5. Work well with fingertips to emulsify make-up and entrap all impurities and residues.
6. Rinse with warm water and towel dry.
7. Use your ideal toner and then apply our Hydrating Sunscreen SPF40 + Blue Light Shield. Great for indoor and outdoor use. Then apply your Pevonia moisturiser.
8. For Evening Application: After cleansing and toning, apply your ideal Pevonia serum and moisturiser and watch that smile take over.
9. This cleanser acts like a super-magnet entrapping pollutants, built-up oils, bacteria, and impurities.
Ideal for soap and water lovers as an easy transition to clinical-strength multi-benefits cleansing. Also great for those who enjoy the feel of foaming cleansers but dislike how they leave their skin feeling dry or tight. Recommended for dry skin, but also suitable for all skin types as it’s family-friendly so it’s safe for all ages.
Also in the Dry Skin Line:
Rejuvenating Dry Skin Cream: This extraordinary face cream contains the unique Pear Fruit Extract which is vital to preserve moisture, acting as a lubricant on the skin surface to nourish, energise and oxygenate. Rich in anti-ageing and nutritious Royal Jelly as well as Vitamins A & E to soften, smooth, moisturise and protect, this exquisite cream will counteract dryness, for a hydrated, more vitalised skin.
Vitaminic Concentrate: Combat excessive dryness, dehydration, and premature ageing with this highly concentrated, revitalising serum. Oozing with Azulene, an organic extract from the German Chamomile, this radical treatment fights free-radicals and reduces stress, whilst easing dryness. The high concentration of Vitamins work together to protect the skin, while nourishing and hydrating for an improved skin texture and feel.
COMING SOON - De-Stress Escape Aromatic Oil: An exquisite, aromatic experience that promotes a feeling of increased wellbeing and utter relaxation! Features a blend of premium and delicate natural oils to effectively reduce skin dryness/dehydration.
As a special Launch, we are giving away a FREE Dry Skin Face Cream (Trial 20ml) and a FREE Face Shammy Cloth, saving £34.00 when you purchase a full size CleanRefresh Foaming Oil Cleanser – click HERE.