Ingredient of the Month - Vetiver Oil
What is it?
Vetiver is a perennial grass native to India. The grass has a pleasant, mild, earthy, and musky smell which has a cooling effect on the body and the mind. A fast-growing perennial, Vetiver can survive up to 50 years or more, as the leaves are supported by a vast network of underground roots which grow vertically into the soil. These roots are what is used to obtain Vetiver Oil.
How can Vetiver Oil help my skin?
Vetiver Oil is known to help regenerate skin tissues. Speeding up the disappearance of scars, discolouration, and other marks on the skin, Vetiver Oil helps to create an even skin tone. It is used in many acne treatments as it naturally kills bacteria and helps calm inflammation associated with acne and problematic skin conditions.
It is also an excellent moisturiser, nourishing and hydrating the skin, helping to soothe dry and cracked areas. It will also encourage the skin to retain its moisture, gradually increasing skin’s water content over time. Vetiver Oil contains anti-bacterial properties, destroying Bacteria, fungus, and other harmful microbes which would attack the skin.
Connective tissues start to sag and lose their elasticity over time. Vetiver Oil helps to support and strengthen the connective tissues in the skin, helping it to become firmer and visibly look more youthful. Antioxidants are also found in Vetiver Oil, which helps to protect skin from damaging free radicals and it has a calming scent, excellent when using your skincare products.
Which Pevonia products contain Vetiver Oil?
Found in the Jura Mountains of France, the Propolis is a natural ingredient collected by the bees from Poplar trees. Rich in natural antibiotics, Propolis is a great healer; it desensitises skin and controls breakouts. Propolis, Vetiver Oil and Lavender extracts ensure that sensitive and problematic skin is well cared for. A micro-emulsified gel with a light texture. Recommended for all skin types, especially sensitive and is priced at £55 for 30ml.
Visibly enhance your skin’s texture and maximise hydration. This refreshing, soft lift-off mask combines the hydrating benefits of Seaweed the ocean’s finest resource with revitalising Propolis a natural healing and desensitising substance rich in natural antibiotics and Vitamin A. Soothing, nourishing and calming, it renders the skin undeniably radiant with highly visible results. Good for all skin types. Excellent for Sensitive, Eczema and Psoriasis prone skin types and is priced from £60 to £70 for a 1 hour treatment.
- A cool refreshing evidence mask
- Tailored to promote healing and desensitise
- Ideal for those with sensitivity, Eczema, Psoriasis, Hormonal Breakouts and Men
- Excellent for micro-circulation problems
Enhance the experience of being pregnant with this treatment package exclusively designed by Pevonia UK. Specifically tailored to safely care for mothers-to-be needs, this treatment combines a Pevonia Signature Massage with the Plantomer Facial and hand and foot treatment. Addressing the physiological and psychological changes associated with pregnancy, feel cared for with this unique treatment package. Priced from £75 to 85 for a 1 hour 30-minute treatment.
- Further enhance the unique experience of being pregnant with Time for Mum.
- This Pevonia Package has been formulated specifically to care for a woman throughout her pregnancy.
- The back is nurtured using Pevonia’s unique massage techniques to soothe away muscle tension.
- Helps to prevent stretch marks by strengthening the skin’s elasticity.
- The hands and arms are massaged to ease away puffiness, leaving the skin feeling softened and hydrated.
- The feet and legs are subsequently massaged to soothe, calm and moisturise.
- Concludes with the Plantomer Facial to ease away sensitivity, control breakouts and preserve the skin.
- Designed to aid hormonal skin imbalances, this cool and gentle facial will leave the skin feeling toned, refreshed and calm.